Thread: How Well Do Extreme Performance Tires Handle the Extreme - TireRack

Default How Well Do Extreme Performance Tires Handle the Extreme - TireRack

Excellent review of the latest iterations of the popular Extreme Performance Tires, for those of you who visit the track...

Voici un excellent comparatif de la dernière génération des pneus Extreme Performance, pour ceux qui visite la piste...

M-Sport 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255/35+255/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII StarSpecs | Quaife 3.46 FD LSD | CDV delete | BMS clutchstop | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 Front Control Arms & rear subframe bushings & transmission mounts | Cobb PTF Stg1 custom tune | PFC 08 brake pads | Hardbrakes Ti Heat shields | F30 brake cooling shields | Custom brake cooling ducts

Chapter President

Hi Daniel,

Any comparison of the aforementioned 4 tires against the Bridgestone RE11 or RE11A?

Quote Originally Posted by dcaron999 View Post
    Excellent review of the latest iterations of the popular Extreme Performance Tires, for those of you who visit the track...

Voici un excellent comparatif de la dernière génération des pneus Extreme Performance, pour ceux qui visite la piste...

Hi Henry, I ran the 1-st gen RE-11 (not RE-11a in limited sizes) in a staggered setup, and the 1st gen Dunlop Direzza ZII (not the latest StarSpec) in a square setup.
    I went through a set of each in the last 2 seasons as dual-duty on my BMW 135i.

The RE-11 was the best streetable dry tire, and rain tire that Ive ever owned. Very smooth when new, with a bit of tolerable white noise after it wears in. It performed well on the track as well. The front tires needed some camber to reduce outside wear on my 135i.

The Dunlop Direzza ZII is rougher on the street, but more agile, sticky, and precise on the track due to its stiffer sidewall. Due to its agressive tread pattern, it produces a hum sound on the street, which is more pronounced the first few miles after a track event.

Here are a few of my favorite reviews out there:
    http://www.prima-racing.com/the-new-...k-s2000-irene/
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8391...-z2-vs-rivals/
    http://www.onehotlap.com/2013/07/bre...acks-2013.html
    M-Sport 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255/35+255/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII StarSpecs | Quaife 3.46 FD LSD | CDV delete | BMS clutchstop | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 Front Control Arms & rear subframe bushings & transmission mounts | Cobb PTF Stg1 custom tune | PFC 08 brake pads | Hardbrakes Ti Heat shields | F30 brake cooling shields | Custom brake cooling ducts