Thread: 135i caliper rebuild

Default 135i caliper rebuild

After over a year of tracking my 2011 135i two-three times/month, my caliper pistons have turned white, and dust boots disintegrated. I recently changed to PFC 08 brake pads. My brake pedal sinks lower now after yesterday evening's lapping sessions. Im going to be checking for fluid reservoir level and caliper seal leaks today. Maybe do yet another brake fluid bleed.

Before I bite the bullet and get a BBK, Im going to give these stock calipers one last chance, maybe add some ventilation ...

Im due for a rebuild, and considering a racingbrakes.com piston, boot, and seal kit front and rear. While Im in there, I might as well upgrade to SS brake lines.

I might work on brake cooling modifications in the off-season. Ive picked up a few ideas on 1addicts.com, like connecting flex piping to stock bumper brake ducts, and attaching them to flanges rivetted to the brake dust shields ...

Ive seen a few BMW 135i's lapping at ASE, ICAR, and Tremblant. What have you guys done to your stock, entry-level Brembo calipers to keep them healthy and cool? Where did you get your rebuild done and what parts did you use?

This is the rebuilt kit Im considering, which supposedly tolerates heat very well ....
    http://www.racingbrake.com/Save-10-o...p/bb-61bsp.htm

Here's a great review from someone who bought the RB rrebuild kit that convinced me it's the right setup:
    http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=105

Thanks.
    Last edited by dcaron999; 09-04-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    M-Sport 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255/35+255/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII StarSpecs | Quaife 3.46 FD LSD | CDV delete | BMS clutchstop | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 Front Control Arms & rear subframe bushings & transmission mounts | Cobb PTF Stg1 custom tune | PFC 08 brake pads | Hardbrakes Ti Heat shields | F30 brake cooling shields | Custom brake cooling ducts