Thread: E36 M3 ring gear and pinion replacement

Default E36 M3 ring gear and pinion replacement

Hi, i am looking for a reputable place to have my pinion and ring gear replaced in my E36 M3 differential, i have the parts, i just need a professionnal to do it.

In the MTL/Laval area if possible...

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gein View Post
    Hi, i am looking for a reputable place to have my pinion and ring gear replaced in my E36 M3 differential, i have the parts, i just need a professionnal to do it.

In the MTL/Laval area if possible...

Thanks in advance!
    When I shopped around, I found out that Georges (owner @ http://www.tcautomotive.ca/) can do it in about 5-6 hours of labor. I ended up byuing a used diff with the proper ring and pinion (3.46 upgrade from my 3.08), and getting it converted to an LSD. All done in the states though, and straight pumpkin replacement was all that needed to be done locally. Got lucky and sold my original 3.08 open-diff pumpkin locally later.
    M-Sport 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255/35+255/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII StarSpecs | Quaife 3.46 FD LSD | CDV delete | BMS clutchstop | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 Front Control Arms & rear subframe bushings & transmission mounts | Cobb PTF Stg1 custom tune | PFC 08 brake pads | Hardbrakes Ti Heat shields | F30 brake cooling shields | Custom brake cooling ducts

Quote Originally Posted by dcaron999 View Post
    When I shopped around, I found out that Georges (owner @ http://www.tcautomotive.ca/) can do it in about 5-6 hours of labor. I ended up byuing a used diff with the proper ring and pinion (3.46 upgrade from my 3.08), and getting it converted to an LSD. All done in the states though, and straight pumpkin replacement was all that needed to be done locally. Got lucky and sold my original 3.08 open-diff pumpkin locally later.
    Good to know!

I may give a call to Georges as soon as i receive my gears, my diff is already a LSD so i only need to have the pinion and ring gear replaced....

I know that this is not an easy job and require a lot of precision...

Thanks for the link!